INSTRUCTIONS FOR ADJUSTMENT REQUESTS
California American Water may provide an adjustment for high bills as a result of excessive water use. Issues should be resolved before applying and must be submitted within six months of occurrence.
You will receive a confirmation or denial of the adjustment request via letter. If granted, the adjustment provided will be included with the next regular monthly bill. Customers may request a payment agreement to cover any excess charges not included in the adjustment. While the adjustment request is being processed, it is advisable to remit payment for a “normal” bill amount. The open balance will not be subject to collection activity while the adjustment request is in processing.
The following scenarios are eligible:
- Leak at Property: Covers leaks within (interior plumbing or appliances) and outside (service line) of the structure.
- High Use – Cause Known: Covers excessive water use for which the cause is known. As example, a timing/cycling issue on irrigation equipment was left on.
- High Use – Cause Unknown: Covers excessive water use for which the cause is unknown. As example, high use is experienced for a single billing period and then usage patterns return to normal. Field investigation is unable to determine the cause of higher-than-expected water use.
For consideration please attach completed and signed form to one of the following:
- An email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax completed form to our customer service center at (618) 433-4569
- Mail to: California American Water, PO Box 2798, Camden, NJ 08010 Attn: Adjustment Request
Please allow up to 20 business days for processing.