WATER CURRICULUM & KIDS ACTIVITIES
Printable Coloring Book: (English) (Spanish)
A lot goes into providing high-quality and reliable water and wastewater services around the clock. Behind the scenes, scientists, environmentalists, and water quality experts are working hard to make sure our customers have the high-quality water they need and expect.
Learning about water – where it comes from, how it is treated and delivered, and what is required to keep it flowing – is key to understanding the value of water and the expert level of service that American Water customers receive every day.
We invite you to download and use our Education Toolkit in classrooms, at community events or even in your own home. The toolkit consists of 12 lesson plans to help teach young people about the importance of water in their lives and how to conserve it for future generations.
Teachers and parents, we've developed a package of information just for you. It was created specifically for educating kids about water and what goes into its treatment and delivery. It's educational and fun.
- Lesson 1: A Mystery in History
- Lesson 2: Ancient Writings to Current Laws
- Lesson 3: The Only Thing Constant is Change
- Lesson 1: Source to Tap
- Lesson 2: Making the Grade
- Lesson 3: Climate Change
- Lesson 1: Riffle Beetles to Riparian Buffers
- Lesson 2: From Here to There
- Lesson 3: Still Falls Watershed Protection Project
- Lesson 1: Water on the Home Front Conservation
- Lesson 2: Before the Wells Run Dry Town Meeting
- Lesson 3: LEED by Example